Currently Active Funding Programs
USAID Ambassador’s Fund Grant Program (AFGP)
- Empowering Vulnerable Populations
- Supporting Governance Institutions in KP-NMD
- Engendering Free Information and Free Press Organizations
- Expanding Social Tolerance to Reduce Conflict
- Provide Technical Assistance
Note: Above mentioned priorities may change during the implementation of the AFGP, contingent upon the priorities set forth by each new U.S. Ambassador.
HEC Rapid Fund
Igniting University Innovation (NGIRI 2020)
Call for Resaerch Proposal
Innovative & Collaborative Research Grant (ICRG)
Innovative & Collaborative Research Grant (ICRG) supports research partnerships between Pakistani and UK universities, research bodies and existing centers of excellence that focus on any of the emerging disciplines/priority areas. Key objective of ICRG is "to support collaborative research between Pakistan and UK for cutting-edge research and innovation in emerging disciplines of knowledge."
- Expected Number of Grants: 6
- Maximum Project Duration: 3 years
- Individual Grant Value: Up to Rs. 50 million
- Medical and allied health sciences
- Energy (generation, distribution and conservation)
- Climate Change
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data – Cloud Computing
- Social Sciences
- Salaries for PI and co-PIs based on the amount of time spent on the project
- Stipends for Bachelors, Master's, doctoral students and postdoctoral scholars to help take the prototype or proposed product to market
- Travel to national and international meetings to present research results obtained and to support the proposed research
- Equipment purchase and maintenance as appropriate & approved to conduct the proposed research
- Purchase of research supplies necessary to conduct the proposed research
- Processing fee for open access journals/ publications for disseminating research results obtained
- Doctoral fellowship for six months
- Prototype/ Product Development Cost (If applicable)
National Research Program for Universities (NRPU)
- Consortium Research Grants to finance research to resolve mega national issues through consortium of scientists from multiple professions and organizations with specific target of socio-economic gains.
- Triple Helix Model (Research in collaboration with industry) to resolve industrial issues to substitute imports and enhance value addition of indigenous goods especially exportable commodities.
- Funding limit for these categories is Rs. 20.0 Million.
- Maximum project duration should not exceed 3 years.
- Project costing should be based on actual market rates.
- Project should be prepared on prescribed proforma of Competitive Research Program.
- Grants of award will be determined by subject experts, technical committees, Project Award Committees and Steering Committees. The decision of PSF will be final.
- Proposals under Triple Helix Model must be supported by the Business Plan.
- Proposals under Consortium Research Grants must be supported by the Consortium Research Plan.
- The priority areas are available at PSF website.
Forms, priority areas and guidelines can be downloaded from PSF website http://www.psf.gov.pk/CRP
Project proposals duly endorsed by organizational heads should reach PSF no later than August 30, 2019.
For any query,kindly contact FUI Focal Person for Ignite/NGIRI at below details.
Mr. Asif Javed
Manager Research Operations & Development (ORIC)
Ph: +92-51-5788450 Ext: 155