OBJECTIVES OF ORIC
The objectives of ORIC are to:
- Promote research culture in all departments of FUI.
- Represent the FUI's interests in research and development.
- Manage databases for research and development, which is essential to undertake important analyses.
- Compile/ analyze databases for the purpose of ORIC as well as university ranking.
- Disseminate information to the FUI campuses on research and development, and related funding opportunities.
- Identify research opportunities for faculty members and students.
- Facilitate faculty to apply for both internal and external research grants.
- Provide legal, administrative and financial management support for research grants.
- Process applications of faculty and students for travel grants from HEC and FUI.
- Support commercialization, licensing etc. of the university research products.
- Encourage publishing of the campus/faculty/departmental research journals.
- Encourage faculty to publish their research work in ISI Indexed and HEC/PEC/PM&DC recognized Journals by reimbursement of publication fee.
- Develop liaison with the funding agencies.
- Identify new ways and opportunities of collaborations.
- Encourage University-Industry linkages.
- Arrange and organize Training and Development programs.
To provide assistance and guidance to the faculty members and PhD scholars in their research projects, ORIC is responsible to interact with the Higher Education Commission, Islamabad and other funding agencies.