Dr. Shagufta Akhtar
Director ORIC, FUI
Director Office of Research, Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC)
The Director ORIC shall be responsible to:-
- Manage and enhance the research activities of the university;
- Develop Research policies and priorities;
- Manage the operational aspects of the ORIC;
- Draft and monitor department budget;
- Work for fund raising for research, mobilize faculty, business community and industry for research commercialization;
- Serve as an effective advocate for research with the university and to its broader community of stakeholders and supporters;
- Implement the strategy and business development plan required to execute program initiatives to enhance the progress of the ORIC;
- Work in close liaison with the Board of Advance Studies and Research / Office of Sponsored Research, Business/Technology Incubators and University Science & Technology Park (if any);
- Facilitate campuses for organization of National/International Conferences.
- Organization of Seminars / Training Workshops for faculty, in the area of Research.
- Facilitate participation of faculty in National / International Conferences, Seminars and Training Workshops etc.
- Facilitate faculty to apply for travel grants to HEC and FUI.
- Facilitate Faculty to submit their research projects for funding, under National Research Program for Universities (NRPU) of the HEC.
- Facilitate Faculties of FUI for publication of Research Journals.
- Process the cases for reimbursement of publication fee.
- Monitor the activities of Graduate Research Centre (GRC)
- To process dissertations of PhD Scholars to Foreign Evaluators.
- Other duties as assigned by the Rector.